City Election Information
NOTICE OF ELECTION & FILING PERIOD
West Valley City will hold a municipal election this fall to elect a a Councilmember At-Large for a four-year term; a Councilmember from District 1 for a four-year term; and a Councilmember from District 3 for a four-year term.
Given a sufficient number of candidates, a primary election will be held on August 13, 2019, with the municipal general election being held on November 5, 2019.
Qualifications for a candidate are:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be a resident of the municipality or a resident of recently annexed area for at least 365 consecutive days immediately preceding the date of the election;
- Be a registered voter of the municipality;
- and, if elected from a council district, the person must be a resident of the council district.
In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise my not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 2-1-101.3 or 20A-2-101.5 of the Utah Code.
Qualified candidates may file a Declaration of Candidacy form or a Petition may be filed in behalf of a qualified person. A filing fee of $25.00 is required for each candidate. The filing is to be done in person with the City Recorder unless individuals are subject to Section 20A-9-203(3)(b) of the Utah Code. The filing period is from June 3, 2019 to June 7, 2019, Monday–Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Pursuant to the State Code the deadline for filing is 5:00 P.M. on June 7th.
All candidates for election are subject to financial disclosure requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact Nichole Camac, City Recorder, at West Valley City Hall, 3600 Constitution Boulevard, 801-963-3203 or Nichole.Camac@wvc-ut.gov.
- Now it's easier than ever to register online! Simply visit the Online Voter Registration Website to find out more. You need to have a current Utah Driver's License or Identification (ID) Card in order to register using the online system.
- Check your registration status, location of ballot drop boxes and vote centers, or view other election information at the Salt Lake County Clerk's Election Website.
- Visit vote.utah.gov to view candidate profiles, find information about polling locations, register to vote, see your specific voter information, track ballots, view the sample ballot and more.
- Find out which West Valley City Council District you live in.